- Business Communication Expert
- National Sales Trainer
- Women’s Leadership Speaker
Travels from San Diego, CA
Keynote Fee: Contact Forte Speakers
If you are looking for a fun speaker to bring awareness and insight that inspires accountability and action to your attendees, Colette Carlson is the real deal.
As a crowd-pleasing speaker with proven results, Colette’s clients include Boeing, Cisco, Microsoft, New York Life, PepsiCo, Proctor & Gamble and the United States Government. She serves as Leadership Faculty for Executive Women International and writes a monthly column, “Tactfully Speaking,” published in Business Management Daily. She is a contributing author in Conversations on Success and The Book of Riches. Colette’s work has been featured in Success, Working Mother and Personal Development Magazine, as well as the motivational movies, Pass It On and Riches: 7 Secrets of Wealth You Were Never Told. She has joined just 10 percent of speakers worldwide in earning the coveted Certified Speaking Professional designation through the National Speakers Association. Achieving this credential indicates a proven record of professionalism and success.
With a master’s in Human Behavior and a fascination with communication trends, Colette delivers the latest research letting the facts support the fun. She engages an audience with her energetic style, inspirational anecdotes and quick sense of humor. At the core of Colette’s presentation is her passion for sharing the tools, terminology and techniques that encourage people to excel.
Colette learned her Speak Your Truth message the hard way. She started out a big, fat liar. Literally! Only by telling the truth on herself and admitting her fears did she break through her complacency, lose over 50 pounds, embrace healthy risks and enjoy success.
Colette found the courage to leave the safety net of a monthly paycheck and boldly step into the livelihood of commission-only sales. Working for sales legend Tom Hopkins, she quickly ascended to become the #1 sales producer. Her immediate success led to an opportunity to join sales guru Brian Tracy’s international organization, and shortly thereafter she became a National Sales Trainer for US West.
Knowing that it is more fun to learn through play, than to discover truths the hard way, Colette eases the audience into a heartfelt, humorous look into their own lives, bringing about the self-awareness that begins real change.
Laugh and learn with Colette as you step in the Truth Booth and receive the tools to create positive, long-lasting change. VIDEOS
Stress Less Laugh More Skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74J5caSb6XY
Passive Digressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oA16VcF4LY
Women, Get to the Point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4oK3n7chTw
The Language of Leadership
Successful leaders understand the nuances in communication that make a big difference when inspiring action and cooperation. Leaders know the power of their words and understand that words alone do not generate allegiance and loyalty. A leader must be authentic and exhibit the behaviors conveyed in their message to maintain respect for their authority. Advance your communication style, increase your credibility, earn respect, and gain support by learning how to:
- Communicate specific directions and clear expectations that guide your team to achieve remarkable results.
- Develop phrases that dissolve conflict and inspire cooperation.
- Engage, persuade and influence others through strategic storytelling.
- Exhibit integrity and build trust when you walk your talk (especially under pressure!)
- Become a human highlighter who champions the accomplishments and strengths of every individual on your team.
3 Truths Female Leaders Need to Know Straight Talk – Get Real, Get Heard and Get Ahead
Want to be recognized, respected and rewarded in your career? Want to be tapped for your leadership potential? The world seeks more women leaders. Why not enjoy the perks and adventure of being one? Now is the time to take an honest look, assess and advance your leadership skills. Join Colette as she delivers the latest research and strategies specific to women in leadership. You will gain the self-awareness and success-skills necessary to become an authentic, credible and confident leader — and laugh out loud along the way. Deliver positive results for your company or organization by learning how to:
- Cultivate connections: identify, access, and develop strategic relationships.
- Employ the art of self-promotion to express your success in a manner that gain supporters and censor critics.
- Boost your credibility when you eliminate self-deprecating language and self-sabotaging behaviors.
- Master the power of the ASK.
- Speak Your Truth with integrity and grace to achieve authentic success.
What Does Sex Have To Do With It? The Truth about Gender Selling
The truth is there are small, subtle behavioral differences between the way men and women communicate that create misunderstandings, frustrations and judgments that can impact the bottom line. Using humorous examples, research and real case studies, Carlson unlocks the secrets of gender communication to help you present, persuade, and communicate more effectively with the opposite sex. Increase your revenues and customer loyalty by attending this relevant program where you will learn how to:
- Leverage gender selling for maximum understanding and impact.
- Build appropriate rapport that creates incredible credibility.
- Influence and engage the opposite sex without offending anyone.
- He Sells, She Sells: Stop the simple mistakes each gender makes and win the sale.
- Implement specific strategies when selling to couples for an immediate buy-in.
Stress Less: YOU Management vs. Time Management!
The truth is most businesses today expect managers and employees to produce more in less time with fewer resources, while staying positive and engaged. The reality is we are stressed out, tightly wound, and exhausted trying to meet and exceed expectations. We have the best intentions that seem to go out the window before lunch as we are constantly changing schedules, demands and priorities. It’s no longer about time management, it’s about YOU management. After Colette’s humorous program, you will walk away ready to make positive, long-lasting change the next day. Laugh out loud and stress less as you learn how to:
- Replace multi-Tasking with multi-Asking.
- Know when to let go or take control.
- Eliminate unrealistic expectations and energy vampires.
- Banish the guilt button. Seek connection over perfection.
- Dare not to compare. Focus on what is truly important TO YOU.
Why choose to feature a program with Colette?
Humorous, business communication expert Colette Carlson knows her stuff and has the research,
education, and real-life experience to back it up. After applying the strategies she now teaches,
Colette stepped into a bold, commission-only sales livelihood. She quickly ascended to become the
#1 producer for sales legend Tom Hopkins, then Brian Tracy, to National Sales Trainer, to the pages
of Success and Working Mother magazines. Only by telling the truth on herself, did she break
through her complacency, lose 50 pounds, and earn her Masters in Human Behavior. Audiences
can’t get enough of Colette’s sharp wit, laser-like honesty and real-world advice resulting in positive,
- Research shows that even in highly technical jobs, success is determined more by human behavior, rather than technical expertise. Colette’s programs increase Emotional Intelligence and improve the softer skills inherent to successful communication.
- Employees stay more engaged in work environments with sincere communication and clear expectations. After attending a program with Colette, your organization will benefit from managers who received the tools to lead and employees who are motivated to succeed.
- Each of Colette’s programs act as a mini coaching session: blending the theoretical with the practical, sound research with qualitative reasoning, and objective insights with descriptive applications. Every individual walks away with easily assimilated, action steps to triumph.
- Why not laugh while you learn?
“Nothing but fabulous raves!” S.W., BAAP, Boeing
“Colette’s enthusiasm, humor and very practical advice were a huge hit with our group of women General Counsel and senior level in-house counsel. Colette fully committed to our program – spending time with our attendees and other speakers to gain a deep understanding of our challenges and goals. She made sincere personal connections — as a result, her session fit perfectly within our program, and our attendees left energized and better prepared to address the obstacles that impede their success and the success of the organizations they serve.” Chair, National Assn. of Women Lawyers 8th General Counsel Institute
“You will learn, earn, and be able to return more when you think, speak and live the truth as brilliantly taught by my speaker-friend, Colette Carlson.” Mark Victor Hansen, Co-Creator of the New York Times#1 Best-Selling Chicken Soup for the Soul Series®
“Your interactive approach to understanding the importance of effective communication between men and women for successful selling was a home run! You engaged the audience through stories and examples they can relate to and handled questions on the run that showed everyone was dialed in.” J.E., Marketing Manager, Infinity from Marvin Windows
“On behalf of myself and the 3,500 attendees, I want to say “thank you”. Having you as the opening keynoter and Suze Orman the luncheon speaker for the sell-out crowd, was a wise decision and proved to be our best conference in the 21 year history of CCWC!” Mary Stabelfeld, Conference Coordinator, Central CA Women’s Conference
“Attendees have stated that you are one of the best speakers we have ever brought to our campus. With some of the high profile speakers we have engaged in recent years, that is quite a compliment! You delivered a powerful message in a humorous way, and as we all know, humor is something people gravitate towards. You also have the ability to craft your message so that it is easily understood, while keeping it fun, interesting, and interactive!” Lori Fuentes, Chair, University Staff Development Committee, California State University, Chico
“Colette Carlson was the most entertaining speaker our community has had in years! Not only did she teach our team new and fresh techniques, but we laughed all day long! The best part is the skills learned are as effective outside as inside the office.” K.A., Procter & Gamble, Beauty & Grooming
“Your presentation at our Women’s Market Forums was very well received and aligned perfectly with the objectives of the meetings. I was also impressed with how well you prepared for your presentation, evident by the time you spent fact-finding and researching. Many of our managers who were in attendance asked for your contact information to follow-up with you about some of their local General Office meetings! Jane Conti, Vice President, New York Life