- America’s Passion Coach!
- Featured in Chicken Soup for the African American Soul
- International Motivational Speaker
Travels from Philadelphia, PA
Keynote Fee: Contact Forte Speakers
Plus travel and related expenses.
Darrell “Coach D” Andrews is an internationally-recognized motivational speaker, strategist, author and career-life coach. His presentations have transformed thousands of corporations, schools, colleges, and associations worldwide for close to two decades. His story, “5 Garbage Bags and a Dream,”is one of the top stories in the national best seller Chicken Soup for the African-American Soul. As a speaker, career-life coach and trainer, he has been invited to speak to some of the nation’s top corporations, education institutions and non-profit associations. He has shared the stage with some of the foremost thought leaders in the world.
Coach D received his CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation from the National Speakers Association and the Global Federation of Speakers. Less than 500 speakers worldwide have received this special accreditation. Thousands of corporations, schools and colleges, associations and workforce development organizations have contacted Coach D to share his expertise.
Prior to his years as a speaker, was a top performing diagnostics systems sales representative and regional field trainer for Abbott Laboratories. At Abbott, he ranked in the top 5% of sales executives worldwide, which led to an annual spot on their coveted “All-Star” team. Many of Coach D’s trainees went on to have stellar careers at Abbott. He is a regular media guest and has appeared on Fox News, MSMBC, The Tavis Smiley Show and multiple Comcast Cablevision news and talk shows. He has been happily married for 19 years and is the proud father of four beautiful children.
Coach D engages his audiences via the use of humor, question-and-answer sessions, and a variety of interactive strategies. Perceptions shape realities, and Coach D’s programs are known for helping people make major perceptual shifts. “Motivation without information is simply a good conversation” is a motto Coach D lives by.
Raised by a single mother on the public welfare system in Syracuse, New York, Coach D became a first generation college graduate — an amazing feat considering that he showed up on his college campus unregistered, with everything he owned in five garbage bags. Five years later, he was the first person in his family to earn a bachelor’s degree from college. From this challenging experience, he learned that risk taking is often the foundation for goal achievement.
Coach D’s ability to connect with his customers on and off stage is one of the reasons he is often booked to present over and over again for various organizations.
Beyond college, Coach D’s accomplishments include:
- A top producing, all-star sales representative and regional field trainer for Abbott Laboratories, a Fortune 500 healthcare company
- Founder of the HYPE (Helping Youth Pursue Excellence) Program, a WIA (Workforce Investment Act) program that became nationally recognized for its high dropout prevention rate. One of the top WIA Youth Programs in the USA.
- A speaker at events ranging from small workshops to large-scale keynote addresses.
- A CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) as designated by the National Speakers Association and the International Federation for Professional Speakers.
- Author of three bestselling books.
- Contributed personal story of success, “5 Garbage Bags and A Dream,” to the book Chicken Soup for the African-American Soul.
- A Philadelphia “40 Under 40” Business Recipient.
- Two mayoral proclamations from the city of Wilmington, Delaware.
- Presentations to over 1,800 school district, corporate, association, and college events over a 17-year period.
Don’t Think Outside the Box…Blow the Box UP!
Expectations are the fuel that light the fire of organizational and individual success. Winning teams win because they expect to win. They proceed to infuse their expectations with the passion and excellence needed to achieve them. This is why some teams win year after year.
Do you find that your team members:
• Struggle with hitting sales forecast on a consistent basis?
• Are often going through the motions?
• Have had a level of success, but are now becoming complacent?
• Are in need of an injection of passion for excellence?
• Are in the middle of a merger or downsizing which is affecting morale?
Teamwork that Makes the Dream Work
Teamwork is the fuel that lights the fire of organizational effectiveness and productivity. Invite Coach D Andrews to conduct a memorable keynote speech customized to fit your conference, corporate or organizational objectives. The goal of each presentation is to have attendees walk away with high doses of motivation and information. Great teams win with confluence in both!
Education/Youth – Most Requested Presentations
- Passion Mapping – Connecting Dreams to Education
- It Can Be Done!
- Building Bridges, Breaking Barriers
- Believing the HYPE- Keys to Motivating Students of Color
- Connectedness and Personalization- Building Student Relationships that Lead to Academic Success
Parent Events – Most Popular Presentation
Motivating Children at Home -Their Future is in Your Hands
Consulting and Focus Group Meetings
Group Goal Coaching Sessions
School Climate Assessments
Minority Student Focus Group Meetings