Expert and Consultant in
- Positive Behavior Interventions Support
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Classroom and Behavior Management
Travels from Georgia
Keynote Fee Contact Forte Speakers
Dr. Eric Landers received his Ph.D. from the University of Florida with an emphasis on children with EBD. He has worked as a classroom teacher for students with behavioral disorders, a professor at West Virginia University and Georgia Southern University, and as an independent consultant for supporting school-wide behavioral systems. Dr. Landers has given hundreds of presentations and authored more than a dozen publications regarding bullying, responding to challenging behaviors, teacher job satisfaction, and school-wide PBIS. He is the Co-Director of the National Youth-At-Risk Center at Georgia Southern University and founder/director of the Southeast Conference on Positive Behavior Interventions. He oversees the planning and development of two National Student At-Risk Conference s annually. Dr. Landers is also the creator of My-Behavior-Resource.com, a free online behavior resource for schools and MyBaseSystem.com, a comprehensive RTI data management system. Specialties: School-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, Students with Emotional / Behavioral Disorders
KEYNOTE TOPICS AND WORKSHOPS
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
School-wide PBIS is a prevention-oriented approach to school-wide discipline. It is a framework that focuses on the use of evidence-based practices and solid, effective data- based decision-making to improve academic and social contexts. The three- tiered approach provides additional interventions for students as their behavioral / social needs increase.
• Universal Behavior Supports
• Secondary Interventions (Check-In / Check-Out, Social Skills Instruction)
• Tertiary Interventions (Function-based Interventions)
• Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) / Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
The workshop involves a plan to implement Tier I to Tier III with particular emphasis placed on local capacity building.
Bullying Prevention / Intervention
The complex nature of bullying demands interventions that are more multifaceted than a simple “anti-bullying” sign posted in the hallways or assigning bullies to an alternative school.
• School-wide Prevention / Intervention to Stop Bullying
• Equipping All Students to Stop Bullying
• Pro-Social Leadership Skills for Students with Bullying Behaviors
This training examines the different roles associated with the act of bullying and details how schools can more effectively prevent and address bullying in a public school setting.
Classroom / Behavior Management
Classroom management is central to a successful classroom. Attendees learn to
(1) be comfortable with challenging behaviors,
(2) to think analytically about challenging behaviors, and
(3) to choose the most appropriate intervention for specific challenging behaviors.
Emphasis is placed on prevention over reactionary discipline and how to accomplish this in the simplest and most relevant manner for the teacher.