- Internationally recognized marriage expert
- Creator of Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage
- #1 marriage program in use by the U.S. Army
- Travels from Wisconsin
- Keynote Fee: Contact Forte Speakers
- After graduating from High School in 1972, Mark joined one of the early Christian rock bands in the country by the name of The Joyful Noise – performing throughout the US and Europe for 5 years. He was also involved in mission outreaches including smuggling Bibles through the Iron Curtain into communist held Eastern Europe. After the 5 years, Mark returned to his home state of Wisconsin with his wife and 2 children. He began his ministerial studies and then proceeded to serve in churches in Wisconsin and Illinois. In his early 30’s Mark left the ministry (while staying very active in his church) and started his own video and music production company. For 20 years he produced videos for a wide variety of clientele and also wrote and produced music for radio and television – including producing music that was used in the hit movie The Bucket List. After his children graduated from High School, Mark and his wife Debbie returned to the ministry and he became an assistant pastor. During his return to ministry, Mark launched Laugh Your Way America! and started performing his Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage seminars all over America, as well as Canada, London, Denmark, South Africa, Singapore, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Argentina, Australia and most recently at the Cannes Film Festival in France. Mark’s program for couples is the number 1 program in use by the US Army. He continues to pastor a multi-site church with 5 campuses and maintains a rigorous travel schedule with his Laugh Your Way seminars. He is currently working with Sony Television on a reality show based on his work with couples.
A Tale of Two Brains
Mark explores the differences between men and women or what he calls, “The Laws of Relational Physics”, specifically, how men and women are wired differently. They act differently, they communicate differently and most importantly, they think differently. Mark shows couples that their problems may result from how men and women THINK about life in a different way. He explains that many of the struggles couples face in marriage are the result of a HEAD problem, not a HEART problem. • Recommended for couples • Minimum of 100 people • Approximately 45 – 90 minutes • How men and women are wired differently, they act differently, they communicate differently, and most importantly, they think differently. • Mark shows how problems could result from how men and women think about life in a different way. • Men compartmentalize • Women make constant connections and interconnect everything • The importance of sex in your marriage. • About that secret place your husband loves to go to – “The Nothing Box”. • How to get your husband to do what you want him to do. • Four simple steps to change the flow of give and take in your relationship.
The Flag Page
Mark explains how to interpret and understand a colorful printout that is the Flag Page. He shows the reader how to understand why they act and react the way they do, and what important needs they have in their lives that are the keys to their success and happiness. By using the Flag Page, Mark has helped thousands of people discover and understand not only who they are and who God made them to be, but also understand the people closest to them. • Learn how to better communicate within your workplace or team • Better understand the people you work with • Workbooks provided at seminar for each individual at the seminar • Understand why people act the way they do, react the way they do, important needs they have in their life and keys to their success and happiness.
“My husband and I attended your “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage” seminar in Green Bay and I can’t say how you touched our lives. We walked out of there with a whole new sense of where we needed to be in our marriage, what we needed to be doing, why we were doing the things we were doing, and that we can make it work. You are a wonderful speaker and an inspiration to anyone who has the opportunity to see you in action. Thank you for the best time ever!!” Jeremy and Bobbi Olson (Appleton, WI) “Thank you Mark for a wonderful weekend! My wife, Anna, and I went to the Farmington show and had a fantastic time. We both consider our relationship to be a good one but something happened that weekend that was magical. We walked away from the show and just had this unbelievable sense of closeness. We are working on our Flag Pages and plan to spread the word about your show and the Flag Page to as many people as we can. Thank you for your hard work and willingness to get out there and teach people the importance of marriage.” Cody Roberts
“My husband and I attended the conference in Green Bay with 20 of our closest friends. What an experience. This is by far the BEST marriage conference we have ever attended. Mark is so real and passionate about marriage. His no-nonsense approach, wrapped with his gift of humor and showmanship, hit the heart.” Lori L. Kotnick
“What a super time we had this past weekend up in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, at Mark’s seminar! It was out of this world!!! We learned so much about each other, and how to handle our differences, plus our strengths!” Mr. & Mrs. Richard Waterbury
“I recently attended your seminar in St. Louis, Missouri. What fun! And most importantly, you have given me HOPE! Before your seminar, I was deeply depressed about my 12-year marriage. I was very unhappy and it was running over into all areas of my life. Communication with my husband was next to impossible. I didn’t know where to turn next and believed that all the problems were mine. I even started seeing a psychiatrist shortly before your seminar. When I saw your brochure, I decided to present it to my husband and see if he might consider going. I’ve done this many times before and the answer has always been no – he doesn’t need any help. The way you described the seminar was very non-threatening for him and gave him the idea that it might even be entertaining. Reluctantly he agreed to go…Now I have a place to begin with my husband – a common ground, so to speak, for us to start. Thank You!!! (You even made him cry at the end and I’ve never seen him cry.” Mary Blue
“… I felt as though our marriage was dead. Then I remembered Mark Gungor’s Better Marriage Minute and went to his website. …You have brought our relationship back to “life.” Melanie and Bill Hill